Monday 6 August 2012

Current listening

I seem to be listening to an awful lot of Shrag, Smittens, Allo Darlin and Big Wave at the moment. The new albums from the first three (all released this year) are quite spectacular and at the same time all entirely different, but also entirely perfect! So for anyone who still thinks that all indie is the same (and sounds like the Smiths) give them a listen and start a new obsession.
I only stumbled across Big Wave a couple of weeks ago playing alongside Evans the Death at an OddBox show at the George Tavern in London. As a fan of fuzzy lo-fi type stuff they immediately jumped out to me as interesting. I immediately bought The Roots of Love Come Tumbling Down cassette ep which I've had on heavy rotation for the last couple of weeks. Certainly worth looking out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment